To ensure the safety of all participating children, the Archdiocese mandates all Archdiocesan schools and Parish Faith Formation Programs follow the Safe Environment Program outlined below.
1. All students must receive Safe Environment Training annually.
2. Parents who refuse to allow their child to attend training must sign a “Parental Waiver Form” and be offered the material to take home and review.
3. All Parents must be offered Safe Environment Training annually.
4. All volunteers who have regular contact with minors or vulnerable adults (including parents driving for field trips or doing any activity that places them alone with school children) must have a criminal background check completed prior to volunteering and updated every five years. They also must complete the online Safe Environment Training at least once before volunteering (and may be requested annually).
5. All Parish and school staff members must have a criminal back ground check completed prior to the start of their job and updated every five years. This includes all paid and unpaid staff. All staff who have regular contact with minors or vulnerable adults must also take the Safe Environment Training at least every three years (and may be requested annually). Employment is contingent upon completing these requirements.