Why Do We Have a
At Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton School, community and camaraderie are strong pillars of our school values of modesty, harmony, respect, and self-worth. The school uniform and dress code unite students both visually and spiritually. It helps to create an environment where all students can feel positive about their appearance when in the company of their fellow students.
Uniform Color Chart
- Sleeves - May be short or long sleeves. Three-quarter length sleeves are not allowed.
- Style - Polo, button down, or Peter Pan with collar.
- Turtlenecks are acceptable.
- No denim shirts allowed.
- All shirts shall fit properly.
- If untucked, shirts shall be no longer than waist length.
- If shirt has a tail, it must be tucked in.
- Material - Twill, blends, and corduroy material is acceptable. No knit or denim fabric.
- Length - Must be ankle length, fit properly, and be hemmed.
- Style - No sweat, carpenter, cargo, flannel, wind pants, zip-off or overalls, or jumpsuits.
- Leggings - May not be worn as pants but are permitted to be worn under skirts, jumpers, or dresses.
Skirts, Skorts, Jumpers, and Dresses:
Shall be knee length when standing up.
Dresses are only permitted in navy.
- Not permitted unless worn underneath a skirt or jumper.
- Not to be visible when standing.
- Must be solid navy in color.
School T-Shirt & Sweatshirts:
- May only be worn on Fridays or school approved dress down days.
- Only the Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton School logo or emblem is allowed on any clothing.
- Other logos, words, pictures, advertisements, appliques, emblems, or embroidery on any articles of clothing is not allowed.
Socks & Tights:
- Required at all times.
- Must be solid white or navy.
- Leggings may be worn under skirts and jumpers but must be solid navy in color.
- Must be a solid color.
- Dark color such as black, navy, or dark brown.
- Plain colored laces.
- Velcro or buckled shoes are allowed.
- Not allowed:
- Shoes with lights or musical features.
- Brightly colored shoes.
- Platforms shoes or Cros.
- Sandals or open-toe shoes.
- Heels more than one inch high.
- Shoes with wheels of any kind.
- Appropriate snow or rain boots should be worn for outdoor play.
- Boots are not allowed to be worn in the classroom.
- Indoor-only tennis shoes with non-black, non-scuffing soles and securely tied laces or Velcro straps (should be left at school)
- Wrist watches
- One pair of non-dangle earrings
- No make-up is allowed.
- No body glitter.
- No visible tattoos.
- Only clear or pale nail polish is permitted.
- Lip balm is allowed.
- Shall be neat, clean, well groomed, and not interfere with schoolwork
- No hats or bandanas shall be worn inside
- Hair accessories must be a school-approved color
- No hair pieces or extensions are allowed
- Hair should be a natural, non-distracting color
- No unnatural hair color (pink, blue, purple, red, green, etc.)
- No mohawks/fauxhawks
May be worn on meeting days
Dress Code Compliance:
Teacher will notify the student and parents or guardians.
Principal will be notified, and a second written notice will be sent home. This notice should be signed and returned to the Principal the following school day.
Principal will contact the parents or guardians to make the necessary arrangements to bring the student’s dress into compliance before the child will be allowed to return to the classroom.
Fourth or more
Subsequent violations will be dealt with by the Principal and may result in the suspension of the child.
Student uniform clothing can be purchased at a variety of stores including:
Lands' End (School Number 900066390)
Tommy Hilfiger (School Number STEL01)